If you found the ideal romantic spot for hosting a wedding, marquee hire will make it possible for you to make your wedding dream come true. As with any major project, however, there are plenty of things that could go wrong if you don’t prepare properly.
So with the following tips we hope you’ll be able to happily report the successful completion of a dream wedding and not a wedding nightmare!
1. Find a great location
This is the most fun part of the process. Really all you need to do is find some place where you almost can’t believe how beautiful and romantic it looks, and take it from there. But before you completely set your heart on one specific location, do make sure to check the following points:
- Ensure there’s enough space for the wedding party. If you’re expecting 500 guests to show up and your chosen spot only has enough room for 100, you’ll have a problem.
- Ensure there’s some place for people to park. Unless all your guests are going to be pedestrians, cyclists, bikers or equestrians, parking is going to be a major issue.
- Check if you’ll need official permission to host your wedding at the site. The last thing you want is the police or council authorities crashing your wedding party, so find out if you need to have a permit and comply with all the requirements.
2. Find a good marquee supplier
Thanks to the wonders of the Internet; it’s a lot easier to shop around than it used to be. Don’t make the mistake of basing your decision on price alone. There are other factors to consider that may be just as important:
- Styles and colours available. Try to get the best quality and most gorgeous design of marquee that you can afford, because you’re only going to do this once (hopefully!), so it’s important to get it right.
- Check for any negative reports or complaints about the hiring company. Many people post reviews online when they’ve experienced bad service. Doing a simple search for “[company name] complaints” could save you a lot of trouble later.
- Make sure they can deliver to your chosen location. Here’s a complete no-brainer. You can’t work with them if they’re not able to get to you.
- Insist on assembly. What’s your wedding day going to be like if you have to do everything for yourself? Of course we’re talking about getting the provider to set up the marquees for you and pack them up.
3. Plan ahead for any potential disasters
Rain, force nine gales, and little mistakes are always a possibility, so you should be prepared for anything that can happen. Just simple little touches like putting down some concrete pavers can make all the difference between a successful wedding and wallowing in the mud like a herd of swine.
A good wedding shouldn’t be difficult to create, but it’s surprisingly common for people to have problems. Usually these problems stem from a lack of planning, so plan it all thoroughly and you should have a great day.